Compared with the majority of holiday accommodation, our villa is very wheelchair friendly to guests with a wide range of disabilities. Being on a single level throughout, & with a shallow ramp to the pool means moving around the villa & adjacent terraces is very easy, however we feel that the villa is unsuitable for unassisted guests, nor is it suitable for all types of disability – please read the details given carefully, also the disability FAQs which give specific answers to questions that have been raised. If a concern you may have isn’t covered please ask.
- all rooms in the villa are on the same level;
- doorways are wide enough for most wheelchairs
- wet room with level access, w.c with supports both sides;
- twin bedded room with space to turn wheelchairs & accommodate bed hoists (rentable option), close to wetroom/w.c.
- air conditioning in all rooms
- 32″ satellite TV, DVD player/recorder, HI-Fi sound system, guest laptop computer with free wireless internet connection;
- Single shallow ramp down one step to adjacent pool & terraces from house;
- heated pool;
- pool access is by steps & handrail (not ladder);
- pool hoist is provided free of charge;
- manual shower chair is provided free of charge
- jacuzzi/hot tub designed to provide disabled access;
- Other equipment can be rented & delivered to the villa for your arrival.
- Extensive paved pathways & terraces allow wheelchair users to participate in all activities:
- boule pitch
- table tennis
“This has been the first all family holiday since 2004 & has been a marvellous success. The house was ideally suited for 3 families with the …….. enjoying the casinha. I am confined to a wheelchair as I have motor neuron disease. It has been wonderful to find a villa which is disabled friendly. The wet-room has been superb & with the shower chair I had everything I needed. ”
Fuller details of the facilities offered, together with prices & availability are available on the main villa website.
You can see a floor plan of the villa here
We can also arrange accessibilty equipment hire.
See the website of our disability “consultants” who come to Quinta dos Sonhos every year: child-disability.co.uk