These are the Terms & Conditions which will govern your booking of our villa Vivenda Dos Sonhos, or cottage Casinha Dos Sonhos (the cottage). It is important to read & understand them before making your booking.
1. A reservation becomes a contract by you completing the online booking form, paying a reservation deposit, & receiving back from us a booking confirmation. The reservation deposit is £200.
2. Rental prices depend on number of occupants, as stated on our Prices page & are confirmed in your booking confirmation.
3. We ask that the deposit is topped up to 25% in January of the holiday year, or within 2 weeks of the reservation date - whichever is the later . This date is shown on your booking confirmation.
4. The balance becomes due 8 weeks prior to the holiday date, together with a refundable damage/keys/telephone use deposit of £200.
5. We absorb credit card fees on the £200 reservation deposit but you are responsible for any charges made by banks, credit card companies or other intermediaries in transferring payment to us.
6. What you can expect. The features & facilities at the villa are as described in the pages of our website at the date of your booking. In the event that any facility is faulty or fails , we will make best efforts to restore the facility within a practical timescale but this may not be immediate or within the duration of your stay.
7. The price is inclusive other than swimming towels which you must bring yourselves. The rental period is from 3pm on the holiday date, to 10am on the departure date. We provide solar pool heating free of charge, & can offer supplementary pool heating at additional charge (see FAQs)
8. You are responsible for the actions of your party & any loss or damage that results from their actions.
9. You are responsible for the safety of your party. This includes reading the notes that you will receive concerning safety at the villa, & communicating them where necessary to your party. Specifically the notes concerning pool safety are of paramount importance – especially if you have young children in your party.
10. You undertake that all members of your party are, or will shortly be covered by a travel insurance policy which will include cover against cancellation, personal injury/ illness, loss/damage to personal property, and personal liability during your stay at the villa.
11. Cancellation. Your reservation deposit becomes forfeit on cancellation. For cancellation within 6 months prior to the holiday date we may hold you responsible for any losses arising from the cancellation up to the full rental due. Cancellation will be treated sympathetically and provided it is possible to relet the villa, only losses incurred to date by us will charged to you. There are no cancellation charges on the Casinha.
12. The pool & hot tub are primarily solar heated. The heating is not unlimited & their temperature will depend to a degree on whether or not you use the pool covers provided. Additional heating by heat pump can be provided, at extra charge.
13. The Casinha can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults & 2 children. Unaccompanied children (under 18) must not be the sole occupants of the Casinha. If you do not require the casinha, it will be closed throughout your stay (i.e. not rented to others).
14. The air conditioning is subject to some common sense restrictions to avoid wasteful use. See FAQs for details.
15. Maid service is twice weekly. The maid’s duties are to keep the house clean (not clean up after guests).
16. You are over 18 years of age.
17. In the event of dispute English law will apply to the contract .